Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday, Jan. 6, 2008

11:30 am..... just got out of bed about a half hour ago. My head is pounding so I take 2 Advil and grab a cup of coffee with hazelnut creamer. Not sure if all the stress is causing headaches again or hormones or these changes in eating, etc maybe a combination. But I don't like them. Had one yesterday too! I just finished a breakfast sandwhich from Tim Hortons and had 1 bite of my daughter's choc iced cream filled donut. Very yummy. All the things I need to do today keep running through my head and as Weds approaches I will get more stressed. I realize what is most important for me to do is to eat well, take vitamins, and exercise to help manage stress. But honestly those are the first things I throw out the window because I "think" I don't have time for it when in reality these very things would prolly give me the energy and motivation to work more on what I need to do. My kids are screaming in the background as I speak which just unnerves me :-)! We'll see how much I get accomplished at home but if I don't get very far I will have to go in to the office to get more stuff done. I'm hoping its a good day..... I need it!

4:45 pm .... had an apple about an hour ago. Havent really been feeling all that hungry. Just finished walking on the treadmill for 30 mins going 1.920 miles.... feeling good about getting that done!

7 pm.... had a few pieces of pizza and a small piece of pizza sub at my father-in-laws while we were taking down all the trees and Christmas decorations. Also had a few handfulls of choc covered dried cherries and a handfull of chex mix. Now I know why I can't have that stuff at my house... I don't stop thinking about it. I did only drink water which usually at his house.... more like almost always... I have cocacola.. So i was at least pleased with that. Haven't eaten since 7:30 when I was done with dinner and don't plan on it until tomorrow at breakfast. I'm hoping for a great week with eating and exercise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing great!!! I'm glad to see that you are actually thinking about yourself and eating every 3 hrs or so! That will definetly help....don't feel discouraged when you feel hungry. That just means that your metabolism is going up and your body needs the energy! I think the one thing you may need to work on is adding in some more protein to your diet...how about some chicken wraps (I buy the cut up chicken ina bag by the lunch meat section and put it in a tortilla wrap with some lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and peppers and some light mayo) Extremely yummy and pretty filling. You may also trying adding that chicken to a spinach salad! I think you are definetly on the right track with cutting out the foods you have. The longer you go without them the more you WON"T want them (well that's how I think at least) :-)
Along with your cardio you should be doing some type of weight training. An hour after weight training your body is still burning fat and the more muscle you gain the more fat you will burn. The key of course is routine...it's very hard starting out but sounds like for you the routine for exercising will have to be in the mornings. Continue on...your doing great and just think the more weight you loose the easier it will be for you to do things!! :-)

Machel said...

I agree with you cutting out unhealthy foods. After a while, it will get easier, and you won't want them anymore. It is a hard thing to get over, especially if you are anything like me and addicted to food. But, you can do it, I know you can! Excellent work!!!